UPDATE: The spin was #11, so I’ll be reading My Cousin Rachel!
It’s that time again! We are on to the next Classics Club spin…maybe this will motivate me to write a post or two on the dozens of books I’ve finished but haven’t written about!
Here’s how it works: you make a list of 20 classics still on your to-be-read list, post the list on your blog before April 18th, wait for a number from 1-20 to be drawn and then read the book listed with that number before May 31, 2021. So this is my spin list:
- Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
- The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare by G.K. Chesterton
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Life and Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club by Dorothy Sayers
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransom
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
I debated putting books that I’m currently trying to read, but decided that wouldn’t fit the spirit. So these are all books that I want to read, so I can’t wait for Sunday to see what the spin will bring me!